CHS OAP Advances

Miguel Pimental, JBJ Staff

This past Thursday and Friday, March 3rd and 4th, the Corsicana High School Theatre One Act Play company competed at District contest at Robert E. Lee High School in Tyler, Texas. They competed with other schools from their district which include Whitehouse, Jacksonville, Lindale, Lufkin, John Tyler, and Nacogdoches. This year, they are performing, The Bridegroom of Blowing Rock. After a long day of competing and observing other performances, the 2016 CHS One Act Play Company will be advancing to Bi-District contest on March 24, in Lindale, TX. They received second overall, and received four  individual awards. Derontre Chambers received the Honor Tech Award, Athena Bonner received an Honorable Mention Award and Jaelyn Bergey received an All-Star cast award. They are each one out eight chosen for each group. Also, Cameron Clift received the Best Actress Award, there is only one of these awards given during each contest. This is the second year in a row for a Corsicana cast member to receive this award at District contest. Last year, graduated student, Kaitlin Griffin, received this award for her role as Mrs. Betterton in Playhouse Creatures. Last year, the OAP Company advanced all the way to Area, and we hope this year they make it even further. Break A Leg! Austin is beautiful in May.